These colorful and crazy socks will have you up to your knees in green beer. In a pursuit to find the old fashioned way of making green beer we resorted to leprechaun trapping. After repeated periods of tickling torture and the telling of tall jokes he finally spilled the beans. The secret ingredient in authentic green beer is -- drum role please -- green food coloring. We know! Completely underwhelming. Oh well, at least your friends will be green with envy when they see you wearing these green beer socks.
- 75% cotton, 20% nylon, 5% spandex
- Fits to the knee on people 5'2" – 6'3"
- color: green / white
- Green Beer Day (GBD) is a day-long party, where celebrants drink beer dyed green with artificial coloring or natural processes. The tradition started at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, and was first celebrated in 1952. It is celebrated annually on the Thursday before Spring Break, and has been called Miami University's "biggest tradition".
- Word has it that on GBD, Miami University bars open up at 5 A.M. to graciously assist student in getting the most out of the day. Apparently, if students arrive at class a little tipsy from overindulging in green beer they are asked to leave. Now where's the fun in that!
- Allegedly, one past President of the University, responded, "Miami University has nothing whatsoever to do with Green Beer Day." when asked about it.